When I started See Jane Work, in 2004, it was out of necessity. I could not find office supplies that were functional and stylish. A lot has changed since then (you can thank me later), computers are tiny, desk accessories are stylish, even my desk lamp has a good looking cord. Unfortunately, there are still a few necessities, like my paper shredder, that I kept hidden in the closet.
Technology has minimized the need for paper, but unfortunately contributed to identify theft. I’m not sure anyone would want my identity, but to be on the safe side, I faithfully shred any sensitive paperwork. I previously kept my shredder hidden in a closet with no electrical outlet. I dreaded hauling it out to shred, so paperwork piled up next to it at an alarming rate.
I finally stumbled upon a solution. A lidded basket now keeps my shredder hidden, but easily accessible. No more paper pileups, I shred each day as I bring the mail in.
Here are some tips:
- First and foremost, if you don’t have a shredder, please get one. My favorite from Office Depot.
- Measure your shredder, then check interior measurements of the basket you would like to use.
- Serena & Lily has beautiful lidded baskets in several colors and both square and round formats.
- Visit discount stores, like HomeGoods, where I purchased my lidded basket.
- Even in a basket, small children can access the shredder, so please be careful.